- search results in google get redirected
- sometimes random links not related to google get redirected
- gmail will not load in firefox and says I need to clear the cache (that doesn't work)
- outlook express has an error pop up when it's opened and I can't type anything in the message field
- malwarebytes can't update and gives an error message that says I need to be connected to the internet
Now I just bought a brand new laptop two days ago and the exact same redirect thing has started happening. I have not done much of anything with it and there has been no interaction between the two computers aside from them both using the same router.
On the laptop, i am seeing the same junk pages when something gets redirected. It is the same problem only not as advanced as the desktop because it is just the redirection and it doesn't happen as often.
I have tried to find a manual install for the malwarebytes database update but the link says page not found for me. What steps should I take to fix this?
Desktop is windows xp, laptop is windows 7.
Edited by fender967, 07 February 2011 - 02:50 PM.