Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error 405 method not allowed

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 velisey

velisey

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:16 PM

Hey Guys,

I have been having an intermittent problem where my firefox sometimes pops up with this error when I go to a certain website. Other times it works fine. On my other computer running firefox this NEVER happens.

It goes to the page correctly stays there for about 1 second and than moves forward to another page and gives the 405 error. Its already loaded the page, why is it trying to forward onto the same page which a jumbled URL in front of it?

Ive tried completely removing firefox and all the personal settings and reinstalling, Ive turned my proxy settings off... still the same. Still doesn't give me problems on my other pc using the same net provider. Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Putrid

Putrid

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:49 PM

Before someone else jumps in, you'll want to provide as much info as possible. What's the URL of the site you're going to? What's the "jumbled" URL prefixing the regular URL when this happens? What OS are you running?

And it's this one specific site?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users