Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Installation Is Required

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 waynow

waynow

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Posted 15 December 2005 - 12:43 PM

Hi,
Every time I want to use a Microsoft office applications. I get a notice that Microsoft installation is required please install your cd. I have uninstalled MS office several times using the custom installation hoping that would change the registry values. It works for a short period of time then it goes back asking for the cd. Please help me as this is driving me nuts. Iím running MS pro 2003 on a windows xp.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 AM

Posted 15 December 2005 - 02:40 PM

There can be several reasons for this, as well as several cures.

One of the easiest ways to fix this is to let the installer run it's course. At some point it will ask you to insert your original Office disks as it wants to look for a particular file. Insert your disk and let it find it.

See if that helps, if not, please post back here the name of the file that the installer is looking for. That might help us.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 waynow

waynow
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Posted 15 December 2005 - 05:27 PM

I need to explain myself better. In using an office application ie. word, excel, outlook anything related to MS requires the Office 2003 cd. I could close out of the program and get back into it and it still want me to install the cd. The progam works fine after installation, what ever its looking for, however this gets to be annoying after a while.

#4 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 AM

Posted 15 December 2005 - 05:53 PM

So, in other words, you have already tried letting the installer run it's course, and you used the original cd's etc?

I am still curious as to what file the installer is looking for.

I recently fixed this problem by uninstalling Office 2003 through add/remove programs in the control panel, rebooting, and then installing from the original disk. Of course you will need the product key for the reinstall. Also, don't do a custom install, do a regular full install.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#5 ZENER

ZENER

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 PM

Posted 15 December 2005 - 10:57 PM

Great.....just as i expected, it has appeared. Actually, not only you have this problem, you may be surprise that even coporate user also encounter this issue. The fastest way to do it and rather cure it is to remove office totally(control panel>add/remove), do a upgrade to office XP and it would not happen already(tried and tested) .....i have known this problem arises whenever user uses ofiice 2003.......Good luck! Lastly, u need not reset after removal , can straight install office XP.
The Uprise of a new Technology is the contributing factor to the failure of many human brains.
In short ==== We are too reliant on Technology.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users