Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP Home Edition Installation Issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Chevalierr

Chevalierr

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 AM

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:47 PM

This computer has been giving me problems since about a month ago and all I have tried to do is install windows on it. I have tried multiple different version windows CDs and all of them gave me separate frustrating problems, but eventually I have decided to go with Windows Home edition which also gave me many problems. I spent hours and hours getting through these problems, so many of them I don't even remember them all.

Anyways, I got through the first part of the installation and formatted my hard drive without any problem. After the computer restarts itself to start the next part of the installation it will begin installing while telling me about all the features of Home and after the progress bar gets to about halfway the screen will blink black a few times till it finally restarts, or it will just get stuck in the middle of the loading bar until I restart it myself. One time it actually got passed this part of the installation and the computer asked me to put in my desired computer name and it restarted as I was typing!

I am trying to figure out what could be causing these problems, could it be because of the CD? or because of the CD Drive? Maybe it's the hard drive? Any kind of help will be appreciated, i just want to get this computer up and running again.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,264 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 AM

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:52 PM

System manufacturer and model?

What is the source of the disk you are attempting to use?

Have you run a diagnostic on the hard drive?

How much memory is installed?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users