Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A Comment On The Economy

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 15 December 2005 - 12:06 PM

I was given this by an associate and don't know the source, but i found it interesting,sad and humoruous .
And just wanted to pass it along. so try to see the humor as I really don't want any one to be sad...

*** "Are you depressed?" one reader asked us.

"They say people get more depressed during the holidays," he continued. "I
received the following email that might contain the root cause:

"According to the Congressional Budget Office, the federal government
spent (PDF) nearly $2.5 trillion during the 2005 fiscal year. This means
that, on average, the federal government spent nearly $6.8 billion each
day, or $78,418 per second. The Census Bureau estimates (PDF) that in 2004
(the latest year for which data are available), median household income in
the U.S. was $44,389.

"In short, the federal government spends almost twice as much money in
only one second as a typical American household earns in an entire year."

Well, dear reader, if you weren't depressed before, that little tidbit
just might do it.

Edited by boopme, 15 December 2005 - 12:08 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 AM

Posted 15 December 2005 - 12:17 PM

The real sad part is our vote (or lack there of) puts the people in office that spend that money. The common attitude is I don't care as long as I get mine. Soon I fear there won't be funds for anyone, poor rich or middle class.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 15 December 2005 - 07:39 PM

Here is a story for you all.

We live on a 3.5 mile long country road. They will not pave it with good pavement but just gravel and tar. The trucks while paving a main road used our road as a way to get to it. Well they messed the road up and then patched it. Well that was a couple of years ago. Its bumpy because they put tar down to fill in the ruts and its not smooth.

We heard they were going to pave our road. We thought for sure this time it was going to be real tar! The nice black stuff.

One day they came and ripped up all of our road markers(little yellow things that glow at night) and then later came and put more new ones down! Now this was right before they paved the road. 1 month later we got tar and gravel(better gravel this time but still bumpy). Anyways they came before paving it ripped up all the markers and pushed them to the side of the road.

Now why would they waste our tax money to put them down for 1 month?!!

Somebody should have lost there job for that one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users