Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Registry Restrictions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_typeshluder_*

Guest_typeshluder_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 15 December 2005 - 11:22 AM

My college put all these restrictions on my laptop and now that I am graduating in a few days I would like to get rid of them. Pretty much everything was blocked including access to my C drive, task manager, regedit, all the icons on my task bar. I found a program called Registry Workshop that allowed me to access my registry where I got rid of most of my restrictions. Now I want to remove my schools startup box. When I start my computer the normal sign on screen doesnt come up, but a box thats says welcome to the fall term at my school (hasn't changed since LAST fall) and then the schools log on box. Does anyone know where in the registry the normal start up screen would be disabled? A friend of mine did it already, but he doesnt remember where it was located. Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2005 - 12:10 PM

typeshluder welcome to BC. We are glad you could join us.
I am happy you graduated. I am afraid we cannot allow you to discuss circumventing security feature. I hope you understand.
The subjects of by passing passwords, circumventing security, or any hardware/software that was designed to restrict a computer's access is prohibits from being discussed on Bleeping Computer.
We are not questioning your honesty, but there is no way to verify the reason and use of such information. You may very well own the computer, but if you don't we would be supporting illegal activities.

THIS TOPIC IS CLOSED.

If I am not clear on the reason or you have questions about the stance we take on this topic feel free to contact me or any other moderator for more information.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users