Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MBam not fixing the malware.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 TheKeeper

TheKeeper

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 PM

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:44 PM

Okay I have gotten malware and crap a few times, and I got rid of them all no problem. I used the classic RKILL.exe and MalwareBytes method. Each time I got rid of them. I got infected with AntiVirus.NET and System Tool 2011, a couple days ago, and I used RKILL which didn't really terminate anything except userint.exe. And I did it in Safe Mode and normal mode right when the desktop loaded up. Earlier today I used MBAM and it found 7 infected objects, all Trojans and crap. It quarantined and removed all of it. All good right? NOPE. I restart the compy and it's got the fake ass bg saying "WARNING YOUR COMP IS INFECTED" with a bunch of binary code and stuff, you know that old chestnut. And I got Sytem Tool and stuff just chilling being all "Problem, Bro?" and a bunch of pop ups trying to "help" me. I followed all the malware steps like I'm supposed to like I have a million times, but it's not working for some reason.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baabiouz

Baabiouz

Finnish Malware Fighter

• Members
  • 3,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 AM

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:43 AM

Hello TheKeeper. My name is Baabiouz and I'm glad to help you.

Can you run DDS and post the logs in this topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html
Step 7->
Posted Image

#3 Baabiouz

Baabiouz

Finnish Malware Fighter

• Members
  • 3,355 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:49 AM

Please post also Mbam log and other scan logs if you have :thumbup2:

Edited by Baabiouz, 07 February 2011 - 07:49 AM.

Posted Image

#4 TheKeeper

TheKeeper
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:05 PM

Kay, I attached the DDS log and the MBam log. Thanks, brochacho.

Attached Files

#5 Baabiouz

Baabiouz

Finnish Malware Fighter

• Members
  • 3,355 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:15 AM

Hello

Let's clean temp files and then run Combofix:

Please download ATF-cleaner and save it to your desktop.
  • Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
  • Under Main choose: Select All
  • Click the Empty Selected button.

If you use Firefox browser:
  • Click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
  • NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.

If you use Opera browser:
  • Click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
  • NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
  • Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

Install Recovery Console and Run ComboFix

Download Combofix from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop.

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
  • Close/disable all anti-virus and anti-malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix. Refer to this page if you are not sure how.
  • Close any open windows, including this one.
  • Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
  • If you did not have it installed, you will see the prompt below. Choose YES.
  • Posted Image
  • Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Note:The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery (repair) mode. This allows us to more easily help you
should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware. It is a simple procedure that will only take a few moments of your time.
  • Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

Posted Image
  • Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.
  • When finished, it will produce a report for you. Please post the contents of the log (C:\ComboFix.txt).
Leave your computer alone while ComboFix is running.
ComboFix will restart your computer if malware is found; allow it to do so.

Note: Please Do NOT mouseclick combofix's window while its running because it may cause it to stall.
Posted Image

#6 TheKeeper

TheKeeper
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:24 PM

I did everything as you instructed and Combofix restarted my computer. Except when it was at the window saying it was creating a log and to not run any programs, that's when the malware came back full on and locked me out of everything saying it's all infected. You know that crap. A bunch of progams and dlls couldn't either run or be found, and Combofix said it couldn't find some file to do the log and shut off. The dumb thing is, I have been able to at least repress the malware and use my computer for a while, it just ran really slow and stuff, and the malware would pop up on the tray. It went away when my mouse hovered over it, and then I could at least use the computer. Now that I have run Combofix, it's all come back and I can't do anything unless I run RKILL ASAP or in safe mode. I appreciate your responses regardless, seriously.

#7 Baabiouz

Baabiouz

Finnish Malware Fighter

• Members
  • 3,355 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:44 PM

Hello

Did you got Combofix report?

If it's created you will find it C:\Combofix.txt

You can try run Combofix in safe mode, and when it restarts your computer, go instantly back to safe mode so Combofix can finish the fix. If combofix still crashes, move to the next step: Mbam.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware here and save to your desktop.
  • Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to:
    Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please copy and paste the log back into your next reply
    Note:
  • The log can also be found here:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt
  • Or via the Logs tab when Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is started.

Edited by Baabiouz, 08 February 2011 - 11:45 PM.

Posted Image

#8 Baabiouz

Baabiouz

Finnish Malware Fighter

• Members
  • 3,355 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:30 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users