Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 2000 word closes when you right click

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 1andtwins

1andtwins

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 AM

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:32 PM

I have been working for the past 3 weeks on a problem with a malware bleeping computer volunteer. No viruses were found. I have uninstalled and reinstalled windows 2000.
The problems have not been fixed.

1. When I open a new (or saved)windows 2000 document, and I try to highlight and right click (to cut) it displays a message "windows has experienced a problem and will need to unexpectantly shut down". It shuts down and I lose all information.

2. When I receive an email (Windows Live Mail) and it has a link to a website. When I click on it, it will open a new internet explorer page but won't connect to it.

Edited by hamluis, 07 February 2011 - 08:31 AM.
Moved from XP forum to Windows NT forum.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 21 February 2011 - 03:45 AM

Hi 1andtwins -
Have you performed a checkdisk scan yet - Follow that with a sfc /scannow check -
Type chkdsk /r into Run Box and close all open programs reboot and this should do a full scan/repair -

A sfc /scannow is similar - Just type scf /scannow in Run Box, insert your Windows CD and click OK -
Don't forget to leave a gap before the /
Try this and see if there is any change -

Thank You

#3 chromebuster

chromebuster

• Members
  • 899 posts
  •  
  • Location:the crazy city of Boston, In the North East reaches of New England
  • Local time:03:45 AM

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:12 AM

Not that I know much about Windows 2000, but that sounds more like a Windows issue rather than a malware issue anyway. But those checks should take care of it. You said it's your office files, right? Sometimes disc hiccups can cause that kind of behavior.

The AccessCop Network is just me and my crew. 

Some call me The Queen of Cambridge

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,558 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 AM

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:29 PM

I took a look at your malware post...the O/S is XP, I made the error in moving it to Win 2K, apologies.

During the time I used Office 2K, I found that any problem with any of the programs...could usually be resolved by either uninstalling/reinstalling the MS application...or updating same.

Louis

Moving from Windows NT to Business Applications.

Edited by hamluis, 01 March 2011 - 12:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users