Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PROOF of OFFER & PURCHASE

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 wildwillie

wildwillie

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:03 PM

Howdy all... :)

You know sometimes it's hard to prove what the "offer" actually was.

I've had such problems in the past, but there is a great way to avoid a lot of problems with companies lying about the offer.

I use a free program called "Faststone Capture"... It a small program that makes screenshots..
You can automatically snap a pic of your screen, or you can quickly take a pic of the entire offer..
using the scroll screenshot button..

It takes a screenshot of it all, even if it is several screens or pages long & saves it to a folder you select.

I've been using it for a year or so, and a couple of times it has came in REAL HANDY.

Once such incident:
I responded to an offer on the internet for a new cellphone.
The offer said that it came WITH A FREE ACCESSORY KIT... and the shipping charges were also free.

I ordered the phone, but no accessory kit was received... 10 days more waiting and still no acc. kit.

There was a phone number, so I got on it, and the lady who answered told me:
"Oh no, We never offered a free accessory kit with that phone..!

I told her that she was wrong and I could prove it..!
All I needed was their email address and I'd send her some pictures..
I did... and by golly, I got my free accessory kit.

The way I use it... I change the name each time, of the screenshot, so I know what it is..
Like "cellphone #1", cellphone#2, etc.
Each time, usually taking a scroll screenshot of the offer, then the commit to buy screen,..
then the payment screen, and PayPal screens if I used PayPal.

This way I can prove the offer, prove I ordered it, prove I paid for it, etc.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this little utility.

cheers.. wildwillie B)
There are old pilots & bold Pilots... but there are no old bold pilots! ...(i'm an old pilot... 'nuff said?)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:30 PM

Never heard of print screen :whistle:

Edited by the_patriot11, 06 February 2011 - 11:31 PM.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 wildwillie

wildwillie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:19 AM

Howdy.. :)

The old or usual way of doing it is... when you have a 'puter screen you want to save...
you press the "print screen" key on your keyboard, located usually on the top of your
keyboard, just to the right of the f10 key.

Then if you open a word processor, or word pad, or note pad, you can just right click on
the window you just opened and paste the "print screen" picture.

It can then be saved, viewed, or printed.. whatever

Faststone works much faster and better..!

cheers.. wildwillie B)
There are old pilots & bold Pilots... but there are no old bold pilots! ...(i'm an old pilot... 'nuff said?)

#4 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:34 AM

I suppose I can see that, but call me old fashioned lol.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users