Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internal error - AvHWWAvs.exe.part

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MartinoL

MartinoL

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 AM

Posted 06 February 2011 - 04:48 PM

I scanned my system with Antivira, and the following showed up on the report, for my C drive:

AppData\Local\Temp\AvHWWAvs.exe.part.

The antivirus software reads it as an error, gives me a warning but does not say what it does, or how to remove it... Please, help.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 06 February 2011 - 04:59 PM.
Moved to AII for initial assistance. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:33 PM

It appears to be a file that was only partially downloaded. You posted for help here...did you alredy follow those instructions?
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 MartinoL

MartinoL
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 AM

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:26 AM

Hey, quietman, thanks for your response. Yes, I am following the steps found on the Majorgeeks website but I also wanted to know if someone on this website perhaps had different advice or knew of different procedures to resolve these errors.... The steps on that website seem to be very comprehensive, for malware. How about fixing errors like the one that I described... would you suggest I follow the same steps, or different steps?

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:59 AM

If you have already posted log(s) at another site and are awaiting or already receiving assistance, you should not ask for help elsewhere. Malware Response Team Helpers are all volunteers regardless of where you post a log. When you ask for help and/or post duplicate logs at more than one site, that adds to the over extended workload we already have and takes time away from others who are also seeking assistance but have to wait.

Any modifications you make can result in system changes which may not show it the log(s) you already posted. Further, following advice outside of that topic may cause confusion for the Malware Response Team Helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process or make things worst which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer. If you had posted your log(s) here, similar rules would apply...we would ask that you refrain from asking for help elsewhere.

If you followed any other advice already, please ensure you inform the Helper who is assisting or will be assisting you so they are aware what steps have been taken.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users