Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB storage device

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mr_rod

mr_rod

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 PM

Posted 06 February 2011 - 03:03 PM

HI, I have a USB storage device that I've used for quite sometime with no problems. Recently I used it on a computer that I later found to have been infected by a virus. I removed the virus by following instructions from this site and now it works fine. Anyway, ever since then I cannot access the info on the flashdrive on any other computer; I have 2 others and they are known not to be infected, they work just fine. When I try to access files on the flashdrive I get:

"The disk cannot be written to because it is write protected. Please remove the write protection from the volume in drive \Device\Harddisk 1\DR6."

If I click on Cancel or Retry or Continue I get:

"E:\ is not a valid win32 application."

I don't know what either of these messages mean as I am not trying to add anything to the drive, I'm just trying to access the information on it. To my knowledge I've never adjusted any settings to block information from being saved on the flashdrive; I wouldn't even know how to. I really need the information on the drive. Can anybody help? Thank you.

mr_rod.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users