Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Crossfire crashes (BSOD's)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 conoflex

conoflex

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:36 AM

I've just installed the second Asus 5850 in crossfire setup, got 2x8 pin plugs & 2x 6 pin plugs in so that's ok checked everything 3 times all seems fine till I boot up and after 20-30 secs it crashes.
Anyone got any ideas what i'm doing\got wrong,
my heads blank but that's normal

I'm getting really pee'd off now, I have ripped my rig to bits and still I can't get cards to work in crossfire.
I've run cards on their own rig works no crashes,
both installed no crossfire link cable rig works no crashes,
tried wiping ati drivers with drive sweeper install again crashes,
tried different link cables it crashes,
different PCIe slots xfire link cable in crashes,
Now just reinstalled ati drivers and don't have CCC rig working with both cards in but no xfire cable link, as soon as I connect cards together with link cable it will boot to windows ok but but it either crashes after 30-40 seconds or if xfire not enabled in CCC as soon as I enable it crashes BSOD.
What is going on this is a nightmare.
2 of many crash dump pics
Posted Image

Posted Image

AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro/Intel i7 3770k/Water Cooled

/32GB RipjawX PC3-1866/Aus Xonar D2/PM/Crucial M4 128gb SSD/2TB Hitachi 6gb/2TB Seagate 6gb

/Asus 7970 TOP/Corsair HX 850watt PSU /Bitfenix Shinobi XL/Asus 24x DVDRW/Iiyama Prolite E2773HDS/Akasa Internal DuoSwap Caddy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:20 AM

I have several questions for you.

What is the total output of your computers PSU on all the rails?

Have you tried a different driver in the event the driver is corrupted? Drivers can sometimes become corrupted by downloading them with static or line noise from the Internet.

Does your system have ample amount of cooling taking place? In other words, is there enough air flow into and out of the computer case?
Having those two cards running at the same time certainly can increased the computers inside temperature rather quickly.

try running one of these two programs to check system temperatures for unsafe levels.

HWMonitor http://www.cpuid.com/hwmonitor.php

Speed Fan http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

Post back if you notice any unusually high temperatures.

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 conoflex

conoflex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:45 AM

I have several questions for you.

What is the total output of your computers PSU on all the rails?

Have you tried a different driver in the event the driver is corrupted? Drivers can sometimes become corrupted by downloading them with static or line noise from the Internet.

Does your system have ample amount of cooling taking place? In other words, is there enough air flow into and out of the computer case?
Having those two cards running at the same time certainly can increased the computers inside temperature rather quickly.

try running one of these two programs to check system temperatures for unsafe levels.

HWMonitor http://www.cpuid.com/hwmonitor.php

Speed Fan http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

Post back if you notice any unusually high temperatures.

Bruce.

Internal temps @ 28c gpu1 running @ 48c gpu2 @40c
Drivers are latest 11.1 from amd and downloaded twice to make they were ok : Psu is a corsair 850watt and has plenty on 12v rails.
Going to try older drivers next

/32GB RipjawX PC3-1866/Aus Xonar D2/PM/Crucial M4 128gb SSD/2TB Hitachi 6gb/2TB Seagate 6gb

/Asus 7970 TOP/Corsair HX 850watt PSU /Bitfenix Shinobi XL/Asus 24x DVDRW/Iiyama Prolite E2773HDS/Akasa Internal DuoSwap Caddy

#4 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 06 February 2011 - 12:32 PM

Ive actually been having issues with my crossfire setup using the latest drivers as well-have you tried using an older set of drivers?

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#5 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 PM

Posted 06 February 2011 - 12:38 PM

I think your on to something the_patriot11.

Read of some issues with newer drivers. 10.5 seem`s to be the latest stable version.

#6 conoflex

conoflex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2011 - 01:20 PM

Cheers chaps going to try 10.5 now :thumbup2:

#7 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 PM

Posted 06 February 2011 - 05:02 PM

Best of luck.

Keep us posted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users