Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Failure to recover from sleep/Graphic anomally crashes

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 SavageOne

SavageOne

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 06 February 2011 - 04:14 AM

So for over a year now I've had some very interesting issues with my Windows 7 build. I'm not entirely sure of the instances are connected or not, hardware, firmware, or software related. But first some base info.
Mobo: Gigabyte MA790XT-UD4P
CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 550, unlocked to Quad core
GPU: ATI 5770, stock
RAM: Ripjaw 4gb(2gx2) 1333hz
HDD: WD 750gb 32mbcache 7,200rpm
PSU: OCZ700sx
Case Antec Nine-Hundred Two, 4 120mm fans, and a 200mm fan, cooling not the issue.

So here are the problems.

1) Randomly, as in NO reason at all, when attempting to recover from sleep, my system will sometimes try to start up again, then hang at a black screen with a single flashing underscore. I then have to do a hard reset, at which point I get an error stating that windows recovery has failed, and would I like to delete the restoration data and proceed. This is the only thing that works at this point to get it running again. No idea what;s going on, and can;t seem to find any info on the matter.

2) Sometimes, usually during, or slightly after a gaming session, I will have an extreme hang up where the entire screen produces graphis anomalies to the point of TV static, then promptly dies, not even a BSOD. I have no idea why, as my whole system stays under 660c, and thats the GPU, CPU stays under 42. Also, these hangs occur regardless of whether the CPU is in quad or dual core mode.

3) I don't know why, but when I unlock to quad core mode in the bios, i get minor anomalies in 2d apps such as FireFox, WMP, videos etc, but none in 3D processes, such as games, etc... This issue is of lesser importance, but simply an annoyance, as I have to manually set the core affinity to a single core for any program that shows the errors, and the affinities reset if the program is turned off. The unlocking process is stable, as I have tested with Prime95 with 24hr burn in test, no hangs.

Thanks in advance for any insight into these issues, and if there's any data that might be helpfull that I left out, please ask and I'll try to answer to the best of my ability. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users