Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Itunes Killed My Computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Trent_L

Trent_L

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 14 December 2005 - 11:53 PM

ok yes the glaringly obvious was my first mistake (installing itunes that is).

After reboot it wouldn't start up, freezes while loading. No safemode, no command prompt. Tried repair install, during repair install got an error message regarding" itunes.msi not compatible ... service pack..." and still same problem. currently i'm in the middle of gleaning out all itunes related files form the hd.

any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ZENER

ZENER

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 20 December 2005 - 10:05 PM

So it can boot right......but till wer?

No use doing a repair cause the root of the problem has nothing to do with OS.

The msi file is a windows installer package and it would be required to complete the installation.

Hopefully you can boot up to safe mode then your problem would be solve by removing the itune and not to do a restore.

There is also a windows cleanup tool that completely removes application from registry but since you cant boot up to start, this is useless at the moment.

Keep us update of your happenings.
The Uprise of a new Technology is the contributing factor to the failure of many human brains.
In short ==== We are too reliant on Technology.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users