Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop dim screen

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hydrod

hydrod

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 PM

Posted 05 February 2011 - 05:17 PM

I have a toshiba satellite m35x-s111 when I turn it on the screen is very dim, I can see the desk top if I hold a light up to it.
I looked at the cables on the screen and all are attached, except a ground wire but I can't see where it would be attached (no screw or screw hole close enough to it) it comes off the cable assembly from the motherboard to the LCD screen. Any help figuring this out would be appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 PM

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:07 AM

Hello and welcome to Bleepingcomputer.

I have some very helpful links for you for your laptop which comes complete with photos to help you out.

This first link explains how to disassemble the laptop screen, there are two pages to this link, so look for the PAGE 2 link, below the google ads to proceed to the next page. :thumbup2:

http://www.irisvista.com/tech/laptops/ToshibaM35X/Satellite-M35X-display-1.htm

This link is the total disassembally of your laptop complete with photos.

http://www.irisvista.com/tech/laptops/ToshibaM35X/satM35X_1.htm

Hope this helps.

Beyond your reconnecting that wire, if your laptop screen continues to remain dark, you may need a new backlight or inverter.

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 Jesse8931

Jesse8931

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 PM

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:02 AM

You can try a new inverter there about 10 bucks plus shipping.

If that does not solve the issue the bulb in the lcd has gone bad.

And at that point you can order a led screen conversion for your laptop.

#4 hydrod

hydrod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 PM

Posted 06 February 2011 - 02:12 PM

I really want to thank ya'll for your answers. MrBruce1959, I have looked at that website several times but it does not show the ground wire I'm asking about, you can see it in this picture I got off Ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/Toshiba-Satellite-A75-M35X-LCD-Video-Cable-DC025075400-/350279238729?pt=Laptops_Nov05&hash=item518e450449 enlarge the picture, it's the little wire that sticks out on the right of the picture.

Jesse8931, Yes I'm pretty sure it is the inverter, but as I've said it still doesn't tell me where that ground cable goes, or even if it goes anyware. You can see my quandary.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users