Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Password Virus/Back Door Trojan?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 backstage8

backstage8

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 05 February 2011 - 12:13 PM

Good Morning and thank you for reading my post.

My computer will not let me boot into Windows Vista. It wants me to logon as "Other" and enter a password to which there was never an account setup for. I've tried to use Admin and Admin as a password with no luck. I have run the Kaspersky rescue boot disk which found some Trojans but there were other files it left alone because it said "Password Protected" while scanning. I have tried to boot with a Vista recovery disk AND in Safe Mode to no avail. I've even tried clearing the CMOS and resetting it in hopes of clearing this password requirement of the virus.

There is a rescue partition on the HDD to reset to factory settings but it won't allow me to enter without a password. I have ordered a disk from Gateway (Acer) to reload windows but would HATE to lose the programs I have loaded by performing a clean install.

Thank you once again for your assistance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 backstage8

backstage8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 05 February 2011 - 06:28 PM

Please consider this matter closed. I have decided to run a complete factory image recovery. It's not that I became inpatient, it's just that I realize that no matter what a program does to eradicate this virus, at the end there would be so many bits and pieces missing from the entire process, I don't trust that all applications would be working properly. Thank you for your replies.

Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users