Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Youtube Subscriptions

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 TheEgg

TheEgg

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 AM

Posted 05 February 2011 - 01:22 AM

I think this whole subscription thing has gotten out of hand. What is a subscription? Its something you do when you are interested in a channels videos and you want to be updated every time they post a video.

NOT when you just like ONE video. I'm not gonna subscribe to someone because I liked one of their videos. So what, then I'm gonna get emails (SPAM) every time they post another stupid video?

People think they are doing you a favor by subscribing to you. Hey, you're not doing me any favors by subscribing. Thats there to help YOU.

Its as if the more subscriptions you have, the cooler you are on the internet.

So I get an email saying that someone subscribed to me and that I should, or rather could, return the favor by...

Its not a favor! This is so stupid. Ok, say this guy is interested in my videos (I know hes not and just wants to get me to subscribe to him), why the heck would that mean I would want to subscribe to his videos???

Posted Image

Again, subscribe means that you will be notified by email every time that person uploads a video. Well if I just subscribed to everyone, then I'd be receiving a LOT of SPAM emails. So these people with hundreds of subscriptions in their profile MUST have their youtube account linked to some sort of junk email I would imagine.

Anyway, leave me alone with your subscriptions. I will not be subscribing to ANYONE...unless I want to be informed by email every time that person posts a video. And don't think you are making me feel special by subscribing to my videos. Especially when you're someone I don't even know. Your subscription means nothing to me and is as personal as a letter informing my I've been approved for a credit card.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users