Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Errors and Several Programs not working

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ted22

ted22

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 PM

Posted 04 February 2011 - 11:34 PM

I have Vista Home Premium, 64 bit. I also have a teenage daughter so we are always battling one intrusion or another. Recently we had a number of "Google Installer" errors and a number of other similar problems. We ran Malware Bytes and Super Search and Destroy and got over most of the problems. But since then we get repeated error messages for various system services, such as ".NET Runtime Optimization Service stopped working and was closed" or "Host Process for Windows Services stopped, etc." It usually cycles through a few of these. We Firefox to run fine, IE a little better and was using Quicken earlier, as well as Word and Excel. But Outlook won't run, it starts up and fails. Chrome wouldn't run and now we uninstalled and can't re-install. Same with Skype, they just all start off and then encounter and error and shutdown. I had done a System Restore during the earlier battle (this is all in the past couple of weeks) so I know I don't have anything from before when all this happened that I can restore to.

I think my path of least resistance at this point is just to reinstall Windows but am open to any ideas others may have so I can get back up and running normally.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pachm

pachm

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 AM

Posted 04 February 2011 - 11:39 PM

I usually do a clean install myself if multiple programs are involved, as there may be some registry corruption. Since you have tried system restore maybe its time for a system recovery.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users