Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Grayware ?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 14 December 2005 - 08:32 PM

Hello all, I'm new to this form. I'll help out as much as I can, I'm an A+ Certified Tech, and the Head Tech/Shop Manager at a local computer repair shop. We are based in a smaller town. Before lots of computers would come through for adware/spyware and Virus problems. We would use a rather complex method to remove them (adaware, spysweper, msantispy, NAVE, hijackthis, CWshredder, and trendmicro housecall, all ran in safemode) This would do the trick almost 100% perfect each time. But now some of my techs are having much harder times removing spyware/viruses from clients systems. I've done a little research and the term Grayware shows up a bit, as I understand, Grayware, changes its log rhythms frequently and basically leaves the door open for spyware to come right back into the system.
Does anyone have any recommendations on this? Thanks in Advance
Zach

PCS

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users