Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Newbie Having Problem Removing Persistent Malware #2

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 chocho

chocho

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 14 December 2005 - 07:53 PM

Hi,

Stan again. I apologize for using this Introduction forum to ask about a problem but don't know what else to do.

After trying to post a message there yesterday, I can no longer view the Antivirus, etc Forum. I get about a microsecond glance at it before being dumped to "Page Cannot be Displayed" page. Today, I thought I posted two notes to the "Microsoft AntiSpyware" forum hoping they would go through. Three hours ago, they both showed up on that forum's log, but now they seem to have disappeared ???

Can somebody please look for my posts and/ or give me an idea of what is happening.

I'm goling nuts trying to get help . If I can't get help with the virus, is there at least a webmaster for this site that I can e-mail about my problem using the forums?

PS . When I go to " View my profile" it says I have 8 posts (?). When I click "find member's posts", on the profile options pull down menu, I also get the "Page cannot be displayed" page.

HELP !!!!

Thanks,

Stan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 PM

Posted 14 December 2005 - 09:27 PM

:thumbsup: to BC chocho (Stan),

Sorry you are having such problems accessing the forums. I am sure a Moderator will be along soon to help with locating your posts.

You can contact the site Administrators using the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. (Go back to the main Discussions page if it's not here).

If you cannot post your problems to the correct forum post back in this thread.

Don't worry, you've come to the right place.
:flowers:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#3 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2005 - 09:48 PM

Hello chocho

Is this what you are looking for?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...44&#entry205244

And the reason you are not able to view most all of your posts is that they have been removed. Reason being that you have posted the same topic several times. That's ok. We have now got together and are on the same page. :thumbsup:

So click on the link I have given above and you will taken to the active one. OK

And you can take it from there. Please post all replies from your self there.

Now look at the left hand side of the top of most Bleeping Computers pages. And you will notice:

My Topics My Controls View New Posts My Assistant 0 New Messages

When you click on "My Topics" it will take you to the threads that you have posted to. :flowers:

This should help too.
New User Orientation Forum

And: How To Subscribe To An Existing Topic So You Are Notified When There Are Replies

Edited by Scarlett, 14 December 2005 - 09:59 PM.

Posted Image

#4 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 AM

Posted 14 December 2005 - 10:10 PM

:thumbsup: Welcome to Bleeping Computer, chocho.

It looks like you also have a reply to the other issue you posted here.

Please follow the advice that quietman7 gave you in his reply.

Take care,
JC

#5 chocho

chocho
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2005 - 10:28 PM

JC & Scarlett,

Thanks for your help but I cannot get to quietman7's reply. When I click your links, or "My Topics" I get "Page Cannot be Displayed". FRUSTRATING to say the least. Can someone email me quietman7's advice. I seem to be able to receive those but can't link to anything but the replies in "Introductions". And I'm afraid that the minute someone uses one of the trigger words in these communications, the virus will block me from those as well. So, please don't use them.

Thanks from the new guy,
Stan

#6 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2005 - 10:49 PM

Quote below taken from quietman7's reply to you. I have tried to post it w/o trigger words. :thumbsup:

Description of what you are looking for but cant: Here

I suggest you read and follow all instructions in this pinned topic: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

When you have done that, post the results here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

for assistance by the "Experts".

Good Luck!

Edited by Scarlett, 16 December 2005 - 09:30 AM.

Posted Image

#7 chocho

chocho
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2005 - 12:12 AM

Scarlett,

Thanks

The links to Hijack forum and instructions worked and I'll follow them.

However, the link behind "Here" , just takes me the good old "Page Cannot Be Displayed" Guess I won't get to see those posts and replies. Are they in the "Antivirus, Firewall..." forum ? I can't open that one....
and "My Topics" still gives me an error also.

Stan

Thanks for your help so far,

#8 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2005 - 09:23 AM

It does not matter if you see the reply to the post of yours, that I linked you to.
I have given you the reply here, but w/o the trigger words. OK :thumbsup:
I do not know why you are only able to navigate around some of BC forums.
Just get that Hijack This log posted ASAP. The sooner the better.
What you have on your system does not sound good at all.

Edited by Scarlett, 15 December 2005 - 09:27 AM.

Posted Image

#9 Jim Ogram

Jim Ogram

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2006 - 09:59 AM

You are not alone. I am having the same issue and have not been able to get it resolved. The best I I can do is turn off my web accelerator and all appears well.

I can not find where this thread continues. Were you able to squash Blade Runner?

Jim

#10 chocho

chocho
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2006 - 11:53 AM

Jim,

I still have the problem and could only read this forum by temporarily turning off my Norton "Intrusion Detection" . Now that you mention it, it may be due to the web accelerator provided by my ISP around the time I started getting the BD message. Every spyware tool I've used says no virus or Trojan Horse found, yet the messages occasionally appear when searching with one of the trigger words. Norton was no help, sayoing they didn't thin k I really had a virus and and finally said they no longer support version 2004, so I should sign up early for 2006 and "the problem would probably go away" Hah! My sibscription does expire nexty week so I guess I'll see what happens if I decide to buy 2006.

Let me know if something else works for you.

Stazn

#11 Jim Ogram

Jim Ogram

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2006 - 01:18 PM

Glad turning off the accelerator helps. My ISP is SNiP out of New Jersey. They were not much help. Don't expect any improvement with NIS 2006 as that is what I am using.

I was hoping you had a solution. Several months ago I spent two days searching for someone that found a cure with no luck.

If I find anything more, I'll let you know.

Jim
Coatesville, PA
USA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users