Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can no longer open files

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 oinkygirl

oinkygirl

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:22 PM

I hope someone can help me;a friend was burning movies to DVD that I downloaded from bit torrent and ever since I am unable to open any compressed files-zip, avi, ect. My laptop was re-furbished by Gateway so it did not come w/ OS disc to re-install anything. I have Windows7 home premium 64bit & am not very knowledgeable about computers. Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 odin88

odin88

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 04 February 2011 - 06:09 PM

Hi,
have you tried rolling your machine back to when the problem didn't exist?? do this.... >start> in the search box type> system restore> click "next"> choose a restore point that is available before you started having your issues> click "next"> follow prompts to start the process then you will be asked to restart your machine, you will then see a screen that will tell you if it has been succesfull or not, if it has, check to see if your problem still exists, if so try an even later roll back same goes if the roll back was unsuccesfull.
I would also advise against using bit torrents as these are the main source for infections/viruses/malware and can create substantial issues with your machine.
I would also ask for help from the malware experts on this forum as your issues could be virus/malware infection.

Iain.
our attitude toward life determins lifes attitude towards us.

#3 ComputerAssistance7

ComputerAssistance7

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 04 February 2011 - 06:47 PM

I know you mentioned you didn't get the restore disc with your computer. If your computer is still giving you issues, it might be time to back up data and put a fresh OS install on your computer, I can help with this. Mod Edit: Email Address removed. Please keep all assistance on the boards. ~BZ

Edited by Blade Zephon, 04 February 2011 - 07:08 PM.
Email Address removed to protect member. ~BZ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users