Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Black screen with cursor in top left corner - XP

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ESP47

ESP47

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 AM

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:11 PM

Hey guys I have a Song Vaio RBG-53 (I believe) with XP. I was using google images when I clicked on a picture and got a fake anti virus pop up. It wasn't the normal one I've seen quite a few times so I alt f4 closed it and immediately ran my AVG virus scan. That found nothing so I ran Malwarebytes which found 4 infected files. Two were in the registry and two were in my temporary internet files...I believe. Then I had it remove them and it said I needed to reboot to safely remove the files. I did that and when the computer started back up, it showed the initial Sony Vaio screen and then it goes straight into a black screen with a blinking cursor at the top left corner. The fan in my computer will run pretty loudly for about a minute and then slow back downto normal. At this point I'm not able to do anything. None of the F keys do anything. I tried ctrl alt del and that has no effect either. I can't get into safe mode or recovery console or anything like that. I've been researching google for the last hour on this and all the fixes involve just going into safe mode or using a repair cd, which I do not have. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users