Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I think I'm still infected, but I've ran my scans twice.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Landored

Landored

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 PM

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:25 AM

Today, I tried to download something and it failed horribly.

My Avira Guard would tell me "X Virus has been found in X location!" They would appear as kqb.exe, kqc.exe, kqf.exe etc. Also, I think my browser was also hijacked because for some odd reason a pop up would say "You have won a free iPod4, click OK to get details"

My first reaction was to shut down my computer, and start it in Safe Mode.

After that, I ran MBAM and my Avira to remove any virus. I ran MBAM first and it found 10 viruses. I ran Avira's on demand scan after and it found one. I shut down my computer and started it in normal mode.

However, the "You have wonn a free iPod4" thing would still appear. I checked Windows Task Manager and ended KDF and KDG from my processes. That removed the pop ups. The description of the KDG and KDF were something like "Dr.Web something something"

I still believe I am infected, but my anti-viruses won't pick up any scraps left behind. What should I do in this situation?

I am in desperate need of help!

Edited by Landored, 04 February 2011 - 04:52 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users