Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

W32.sillyDC

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 computer crash

computer crash

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 PM

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:21 AM

Hi Guys!

It's just a short time that I have joined this community, but I have been regularly visiting this site for some of my computer related problems and knowledge until I realized that I needed some help from you guys.
By the way, I am using an assembled desktop PC with no installation or Window setup CD for my Window XP Professional SP2, and it's been quite some time now that my Partition drives D: and E: are infested with this W32.sillyDC virus in Autorun.inf files, whenever I start up or boot my PC and full Scan the computer with Symantec Endpoint Antivirus (which has been installed by the dealer) it shows these viruses and Symantec says that it has cleaned the drives but after restarting again they appear on scanning along with msbackup.exe and system Volume Information folders of which msbackup.exe I cannot open. I tried to boot in safe mode with command prompt and delete the AutoRun.inf files from the directory as I had read in your previous forum but that too doesn’t work.
Can someone please solve this problem for me, I would appreciate. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users