Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Yet Another Newbie Says, "Hello!"

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Curious George 2

Curious George 2

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:29 AM

"Hello!" to all from another Newbie. When prompted for a display name, "Curious George" popped immediately into my head. However, some other person of obvious good taste and quick wit beat me to the punch. So, being fixated on the name, I opted to be lazy and add "2" to my desired moniker. Luckily, it was available, although I could have made it "Curious Georgina". My name is JD, and I am a retired RN from Toronto. Retirement came early due to physical problems--Nursing can give the body a pretty good workout, sometimes beyond the body's limits, so here I am. Since we purchased our first computer way back when, I have made it a point to learn about the inner workings of this now sleek and efficient device (remember the old clunkers of yore?). I also love people, which is helpful to a nurse. I love talking with people, getting to know them and learning about their lives--learning from their lives, actually--and hopefully returning the favour. I have met many amazing people during my 28-year Nursing career, and am looking forward to new adventures, and meeting the amazing people on these boards.
On the social scene, I am separated, with one daughter, aged 10 (closer to 11) whom I have officially diagnosed with "Bieber Fever". I am very close to my Mum, older sister and younger brother and his family, and am a "Law&Order:SVU" addict as well. My daughter admires Mariska Hargitay. She says she reminds her of me. Of course, I am flattered, and relieved at her choice. I love spending time with loved ones, reading, especially mysteries and true crime, interior decorating, and...hitting the old computer. I have become pretty handy at the "tekkie" aspect of things, for one computer used at home, but I know more now than I did when I started out.
I hope this isn't too long. Looking forward to some great conversations, and making new friends. I'm going to fiddle-faddle around and see what I can do to spice up my image, with avatars, emoticons...it's all here! Sincerely, JD, AKA Curious George 2.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 PM

Posted 06 February 2011 - 04:31 PM

Hello and :welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users