Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bluetooth Not working

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bhoopal

Bhoopal

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 PM

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:44 AM

HI,

I own a Acer Aspire 4745 Laptop using with windows 7 , My bluetooth is not working , I have used FN + F3 to switch it on , Even i added my mobile by by adding a device.Once the mobile driver is installed & if i try to send a file from PC via bluetooth to the device , its showing error

"Make sure the bluetooth is properly switched on * connected"

Please help

Bhoopal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:21 AM

Can you please post more information on the device you are attempting to send the data to?

When a bluetooth device is turned on, it will usually search for a bluetooth signal, to which a request is sent out, once the two devices link up, a communications is established between the two devices.

But first, the wireless device has to be put into setup mode and the computer has to be put into search mode to locate the wireless device's beacon.

I may be off track here, since I do not know which wireless device you are attempting a communications with, but with any bluetooth communications, you have to put the wireless device into setup mode, so it sends a signal into the air waves your computer can search for.

Bruce.

Edited by MrBruce1959, 04 February 2011 - 08:22 AM.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 Bhoopal

Bhoopal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 PM

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:19 PM

Hi Bruce ,

Thanks for the reply , Hope i understood ur reply , now how to put the wifi into set up mode ? & also please let me know like what details u need more ?

#4 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:45 AM

if i try to send a file from PC via bluetooth to the device

In your quote above you used the words the device

Can you please tell me what this device is?

I realize your computer and OS are an Acer Aspire 4745 Laptop with windows 7 on it, I just need to know what the other device is such as its make and model number and what type of device this is.

Thanks in advance.

Bruce.

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#5 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:00 AM

Here is some information I have obtained from my windows 7 help and support by typing bluetooth into the start menu's search feature.

Add a Bluetooth enabled device

There are many different types of Bluetooth enabled devices you can add to your computer, such as mobile phones, wireless headsets, and wireless mouse devices and keyboards. To add a Bluetooth enabled device to your computer, you must do three things:

Add a Bluetooth adapter to your computer if it doesn't already have one. You can do this by plugging the adapter into a USB port.

Some computers come with a built-in Bluetooth adapter, especially laptops. You might have to turn on the adapter, or use a switch on your laptop to turn it on if your laptop has one. This might not be called a Bluetooth switch. It might be called a wireless switch, or something similar. If you are unsure about how to turn on the Bluetooth adapter or whether your computer has a built-in Bluetooth adapter, check the manual for your computer or the manufacturer's website.

Set up the Bluetooth enabled device so that your computer can find it.

To do this, you must first:

Turn the device on.

Make it discoverable.

When a Bluetooth enabled device is in discovery mode, it broadcasts a wireless signal that allows it to be detected by other devices or computers. This is sometimes called pairing mode. When most devices are discoverable, they are also in pairing mode, ready to be paired with your computer.

To learn how to make a device discoverable, check the information that came with your device or go to the manufacturer’s website. Methods for making a device discoverable can vary widely from one type of device to the next. Some Bluetooth enabled devices are always in discovery mode. Others, such as most mobile phones, need to be placed in discovery mode by selecting discovery from a software menu or pressing a button on the device. Discovery buttons can be very small and hard to spot, often placed on the bottom of a mouse, keyboard, or similar device. The button may be labeled with the word "connect," or another similar term; a Bluetooth logo; or it may not be labeled at all.

Add the Bluetooth enabled device.

Bruce.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users