Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Copy And Paste

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 mike1944

mike1944

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 03 February 2011 - 09:36 PM

Bear with me;o)I have opened something that someone had copied and pasted.However this link was not the topic that was copied it was something that said LINK/OR CLASSIC/OR FUNNY ECT ECT.How did they do that?
Thanks
Mike

Edited by mike1944, 03 February 2011 - 09:37 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cogs10

cogs10

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 03 February 2011 - 10:49 PM

where did you open it from? here, the chain link next to the smilie button on the post reply will
give you two boxes, one for the http link, and the other for the name of the link. then, when it's
posted, you'll only see the name of the link (but in the status bar at the bottom, you'll see its
address).

#3 mike1944

mike1944
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2011 - 11:30 PM

WHAT?ok HOWS THIS I WANT TO COPY AND PASTE AN ARTICLE.However after i have done this i want to chose what the link looks like to open it

Edited by mike1944, 03 February 2011 - 11:47 PM.

#4 cogs10

cogs10

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2011 - 11:44 PM

i would definitely like to answer your question. also, i know that it's hard enough to
relate the problem through text. to allow me to formulate an answer, i have to have information
that only you can provide. if you don't understand the answer to your question, perhaps the
question itself needs something added to it, and i thank you for providing what you can.

#5 mike1944

mike1944
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2011 - 11:50 PM

IF I NEW THE ANSWER TO MY QUESTON I WOULD NOT HAVE ASKED IT.

IN MY NECK OF THE WOODS WHEN WE GET A REPLY FROM SOMEONE LIKE YOU

Moderator edit: In my neck of the woods we like to refer you to the board rules: Rules Especially the part where it says no flaming. The above member was trying to help you and was basically saying that sometimes its hard to understand exactly what you are asking for. Your response was not appropriate.

rigel
BleepingComputer Moderator

Edited by hamluis, 04 February 2011 - 08:55 AM.

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,279 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 PM

Posted 03 February 2011 - 11:51 PM

If I understand this correctly, you are describing a link which has been wrapped in Bullitin Board Code (bbc) and inserted in a sentence of a post.

Ex:

This is how it appears before it is posted.

You can download Firefox at [url= http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/]this[/url] web site.

This is how it appears after it is posted.

You can download Firefox at this web site.

This can also be accomplished with the method cogs10 described above.

In the upper box copy and paste the link that you want to use.

In the lower box type is what you want in the way of text, in my example I typed in "this".

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 mike1944

mike1944
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:06 AM

Very close.what upper box.forgive my lack

Edited by mike1944, 04 February 2011 - 12:09 AM.

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,279 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 PM

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:21 AM

When you go to write a reply you will see a smiley emoticon, next to it on the right is an icon that resembles a link of chain with a green circle with a white + inside it. When you click on this icon a box will open with Insert link at the top, below that are two boxes. The first box will contain http:// highlighted in blue, this is where you paste in the link you want to use. The second box is where you type in the text that you want the link to be represented by. After this is done, lick on Insert link.

Posted Image

Edited by dc3, 04 February 2011 - 01:01 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#9 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:57 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 mike1944

mike1944
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:27 PM

Again Sorry.I highlite an newspaper headline and copy it.Now i am going to paste it in a internet forum.Iwant the link to say THIS not the newspaper headline.
Again Sorry
Mike

#11 mike1944

mike1944
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:35 PM

Queen.What it is you are showing me?Am i supposed to move my copied piece somewhwere before i paste it?

#12 mike1944

mike1944
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:11 PM

cogs.I opened it from a espn nascar forum that someone had posted.It just said THIS and when i clicked on it there was an article about racing.

#13 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:55 PM

where did you open it from? here, the chain link next to the smilie button on the post reply will
give you two boxes, one for the http link, and the other for the name of the link. then, when it's
posted, you'll only see the name of the link (but in the status bar at the bottom, you'll see its
address).

You were asked where did you open it from? Also, it was pointed out to you "here, the chain link next to he smilie button on the post reply".

You never said WHERE you were opening it from, and you NEVER said anything to indicate it was another forum and not BC.

What dc and I posted applies to Bleeping Computer ONLY. Each forum is different, so you will have to ask your question in the espn nascar forum. They can tell you how to do it there. All we can tell you is how it's done at BC.

#14 mike1944

mike1944
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:36 PM

Sorry.Did not know that questons asked here are only questons pertaing to BC.Not having the pc smarts that you and others have this looked like a place where i could learn something.Sorry to have taken up your time.

Mike

Remember there are no dumb questons

#15 mike1944

mike1944
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2011 - 03:25 PM

OK One last try to see if you understand.On BC welcome page(feel free to take a look)it says set up an account click here.Here is in bold blue print.Now i am going to say this slowly how did they do that.Meaning the bold blue link;o)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users