Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

anti virus deleted winlogon and explorer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 laicha

laicha

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 03 February 2011 - 04:16 PM

Hi, i'm new here but i need desperate help. I had the antivirus 2011 trojan a while ago i used malwarebytes and remove dit, but I noticed that I had another virus later, everything I clicked a link on google it would redirect me to a virus site, so I scanned with malwarebytes again and found that the Rogue Antivirus had come back again. I've tried everything to remove it and TDSSKiller didn't find anything wrong with my computer. Finally I used HitmanPro and scanned my computer it said my winlogon and explorer were infected so I removed them and now my computer is stuck in a boot loop, can anyone tell me how to fix this, I want to retrieve my files before I reformat my computer if it's necessary. Thanks in advance

Edited by hamluis, 03 February 2011 - 05:27 PM.
Moved from XP forum to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cogs10

cogs10

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 03 February 2011 - 07:41 PM

what is it doing at boot? do you get to the boot screen, to the logon screen?
what happens when you press f8? are you able to boot in safe mode?

#3 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 04 February 2011 - 03:15 AM

it said my winlogon and explorer were infected so I removed them

Those are critical Windows files. In case of infection, they need to be replaced, not deleted.

This isn't too hard to fix, but first of all I need to know if you have an XP CD at hand, and what Service Pack your computer is.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users