Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot view my own website

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 AzureDrag0n1

AzureDrag0n1

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 03 February 2011 - 02:08 PM

Some time ago I wanted to change the meta tags on our website made by xwebsitedesignstudio.com. We had a user name and password for editing which I thought was for cpanel. Instead it was for something else called admin. So I was using the wrong user name and password for cpanel and after repeated failed log in attempts I could no longer view our website.

I thought I was ipblocked so I tried various tricks like changing my ip and flushing dns ect...
Did not work. I emailed them up to tell them that we could not view our website so they told us to have a technician look at it. Well I sort of am that pseudo technician and I can't see any way to solve this problem on my end. I think their cpanel has ip blocked me but I am not sure.

When I try to visit their page or any page xwebsitedesignstudio has ever made I can not view it. All their pages are blocked. What can I do? I can visit my own page through a proxy but I can not edit it from where I work. I can only do it at home. I am mainly a graphics designer so I am not an expert.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 03 February 2011 - 02:38 PM

Email them and tell them just what you said. Ask them to see if your IP accidentally got banned. Just telling them that you cannot view your website doesn't tell them anything. If you can view the site from home, and through a proxy from work, there is nothing you can do other than to work with them.

EDIT: Do you have an IT person responsible for your network?

Edited by groovicus, 03 February 2011 - 02:39 PM.

#3 AzureDrag0n1

AzureDrag0n1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2011 - 12:22 PM

Ok I emailed them and told them everything I said here. They told me to check these links http://crew.serviv.com/ and
http://crew.serviv.com/aspergranite.com/

I am unable to view either of them from where I work. Same result as when I try to view aspergranite.com which is our site.

They then told me to call where our domain is being hosted. I am not sure how to contact them.

This is the server I am on: NS1.SERVIV.COM and NS2.SERVIV.COM. When I tried to find out what this was I got some french site and could not understand anything on the site.

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2011 - 04:23 PM

They wanted you to contact your name server hosts? You can't really do that. Who have you contracted with to register your domains with the domain name servers? Usually (but not always) your hosting company handles that.

#5 AzureDrag0n1

AzureDrag0n1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2011 - 10:19 AM

We got registered through Polspace, Inc. The Registrar was WILD WEST DOMAINS, INC. Sorry for the late reply.

#6 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2011 - 10:27 AM

Who is hosting your website?

#7 AzureDrag0n1

AzureDrag0n1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:13 PM

I think it is Fortress Integrated Technologies.

#8 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2011 - 03:42 PM

Forgive me for being pedantic, but I just want to make sure that I am not misunderstanding what you did. So then am I to understand that you have contacted Fortress Integrated Technologies?

#9 AzureDrag0n1

AzureDrag0n1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:34 PM

No we do not pay them. We pay xwebsitedesignstudio who I think pays someone else to host it. At least I think Fortress Integrated Technologies is the place that is hosting it.

#10 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:54 PM

Ok, so you are paying xwebsitedesignstudio to administer your website. If they are responsible for the hosting, then it is their responsibility to fix the problem. But maybe you might want to find out exactly what you are paying them for.

If your IP is blocked at by the host, then someone needs to contact the host. Ideally that is the one who is responsible for administering your web site. Here is the rub though, if you can't view any web pages made by this company, then they pretty much have to be hosting the sites themselves, and chances are one of their filters is blocking your request. If you can connect to the website via proxy, then there isn't really anything 'wrong' on your end. has anybody in your office added any sort of security software at all?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users