Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lenovo G555

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 neonick

neonick

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 03 February 2011 - 12:31 PM

I have a Lenovo G555 computer and it works great, except the touch pad is way too sensitive. If I'm typing and I barely touch it, my cursor jumps somewhere else in the post and I have to move it back. I know I can disable the touch pad when typing(Fn + F8) but I think it would be easier to be able to disable touch-to-tap (Where I lightly tap the touch pad and it acts like I left-clicked). I don't have this option on my PC and I found some drivers here:

http://download.cnet.com/Alps-Pointing-device/3000-18491_4-202378.html

That will disable touch-to-tap but the file is no longer available for download. Anyone know of an Alps Pointing Device drivers to disable touch-to-tap? I'm running Windows 7 32-bit.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 neonick

neonick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:09 PM

BUMP

#3 Bill253

Bill253

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:34 AM

Sorry, not much help to offer except to ask if there isn't a Lenovo utility somewhere on your laptop where you can adjust the sensitivity of the touch pad?

#4 neonick

neonick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2011 - 01:50 PM

Should these drivers work for it?

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/download.jsp?soid=2104279

Edited by neonick, 14 July 2011 - 01:51 PM.

#5 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:42 AM

I have a Lenovo G555 computer and it works great, except the touch pad is way too sensitive. If I'm typing and I barely touch it, my cursor jumps somewhere else in the post and I have to move it back. I know I can disable the touch pad when typing(Fn + F8) but I think it would be easier to be able to disable touch-to-tap (Where I lightly tap the touch pad and it acts like I left-clicked). I don't have this option on my PC and I found some drivers here:

http://download.cnet.com/Alps-Pointing-device/3000-18491_4-202378.html

That will disable touch-to-tap but the file is no longer available for download. Anyone know of an Alps Pointing Device drivers to disable touch-to-tap? I'm running Windows 7 32-bit.

try driver from official lenovo site...
http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/us/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_list.aspx?CategoryID=150169

could you open device manager click "View" tab then click "Show Hidden Device"...
and look for any yellow/red mark on your device...

Edited by abauw, 15 July 2011 - 04:46 AM.

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

#6 krhall3273

krhall3273

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 AM

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

I have a Lenovo G555 with Windows 7 Ultimate and found the tap to click too sensitive also. Could not find any way to turn off only the tap to click. Lenovo says they are aware of the issue and are working on a solution. haha I went to Dell's website and downloaded their Alps touch pad driver and it works great and gives me all of the configurability I need. Hope this helps someone else. The file name I used was R270497.exe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users