Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware Removal Training Program

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BeachBumLI

BeachBumLI

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 AM

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:16 PM

I know that everywhere I've read it says that because of the "work at your own pace" nature of the training program, it is impossible to tell how long it will be until a spot opens up. I'm just curious how many slots are available in the training program that people are vying for, and if there is a ballpark turnover rate that you guys have. Are we talking a month? 6 months? 2 years?

I check the training program application page at least twice a day, and haven't seen it change, so I'm just curious of my odds of finding a spot that is open.
Dell Inspiron 1520--Intel Core 2 Duo/1.5 GHz--2 GB RAM--230 GB HD--Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family--Windows XP--Avast! AV Free--Spybot S&D--Malwarebytes--Hijackthis--Chrome (primary browser) Firefox and IE (rarely used)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,657 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:31 AM

Unfortunately there is really very little "standard data" I can give you about this, for the reason you also mentioned.

At the moment there are approximatively 40 trainees in the different stages of the program. New spots are opened up based upon the progress of the existing trainees in such a way that the Instructors can handle the inflow. This way we ensure that all trainees can participate in the program without the Instructors being overloaded with work. This is beneficial both for trainees and Instructors (trainees do not have to wait a long time to receive assistance and Instructors have the time to provide assistance without being hasty due to a huge workload).

As for the time it takes to complete the training: again this is difficult to say. Some trainees have lots of free time to spend, others have also a busy "real life" (job, family, and so on). Besides that, everyone has a different learning curve. Some pick up things fast, other prefer to take their time to digest all information. Suffice it to say, do not expect to finish the program in a couple of months, because that is unrealistic. We want to ensure a complete and high-quality training with individual assistance and that takes time.

Finally, it is a good idea to bookmark the Admission page and check it often (I know this from experience, I checked that page for a month or so multiple times a day before I got admitted back then :)).

I hope this information helps clarify things for you!

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

animinionsmalltext.gif

#3 BeachBumLI

BeachBumLI
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2011 - 06:14 AM

Elise,

Thanks for the response. Bookmarked it on my chrome about 2 months ago and have been checking it multiple times a day (on days that I remember). Thanks for the advice. I guess I'll just keep checking and hope for the best!
Dell Inspiron 1520--Intel Core 2 Duo/1.5 GHz--2 GB RAM--230 GB HD--Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family--Windows XP--Avast! AV Free--Spybot S&D--Malwarebytes--Hijackthis--Chrome (primary browser) Firefox and IE (rarely used)

#4 ReturnedHero

ReturnedHero

• Members
  • 271 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:56 PM

Thanks for the response Elise. The information is really helpful. I'm also looking for a spot in the program :).

#5 chromebuster

chromebuster

• Members
  • 899 posts
  •  
  • Location:the crazy city of Boston, In the North East reaches of New England
  • Local time:11:08 AM

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:51 PM

I check periodically too, but due to college, summer internships with the mass Commission for the blind I'm trying to get for the year 2011, as well as management of my own web site as well as my own server in about a week and a half, I just don't see how it can fit in right now. I also have to show certain friends of mine that computers are not my whole life, for to some, that's unfortunately what it looks like.

The AccessCop Network is just me and my crew. 

Some call me The Queen of Cambridge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users