Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

LG Encore Downloading Music

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 smilezrcool

smilezrcool

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 PM

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:30 PM

I have a LG Encore phone. I want to transfer music from laptop to phone. When I use the cord that was supplied with the phone the computer does not recognize the phone. I cannot install the phone through Add Hardware. Do I need a different cord or some sort of software that I do hot have. I have the CD that came with the phone but it reads owner manual, games @ apps. Any advice would be appreciated!!!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,528 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 PM

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:43 PM

I don't have the phone so I can't vouch for the content accuracy of: Sideload (Transfer Music) from a Personal Computer (PC) to an LG Encore (GT550) also note the red disclaimer at the link.

Make sure you meet all the prerequisites listed in the above link before continuing.

Transfer music

• Open Windows Media Player on your computer (version 10.0 or higher).
  • Use the USB adapter cable to connect the handset to the PC.
  • Once the USB connection has been established, the handset displays “Connected“ and the computer screen then shows the LG Encore device.
  • From within the Windows Media Player application, click on the Sync tab. Previously downloaded songs are then listed on the left side of the application.
  • Choose the destination location for the media files. The LG Encore Music Sync Player appears in a drop-down list on the right side of the screen.
  • Drag a song from the Library to the LG Encore Music Sync Player on the right pane. Continue adding the desired songs.
  • Click the Start Sync button to sideload the selected songs to your handset. A “synchronization in progress” message appears on the application. Do not unplug the handset during this process. Once complete, the progress bar will disappear.
  • It is now safe to unplug the USB connector from the handset.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users