Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spybot - Can't install detection updates

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jillybromley

jillybromley

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 21 October 2004 - 06:31 AM

Hi

I downloaded and installed Spybot Search and Destroy, but for some reason I can't find any way to update or install detection updates.

On the info tab of Spybot, it says "No Detection Updates Are Installed".

What am I doing wrong and why haven't I got any detection updates installed.

I would really appreciate if someone can help me with this.

Thanks
Bye for now
jilly :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,613 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 21 October 2004 - 11:49 AM

When you start spybot and click on the search for updates button it does not find any? It is possible you have the latest definition file. If you go to the help menu and then click on about it should 10/14/04 as the latest update

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 21 October 2004 - 02:49 PM

Goto Help/About. The latest detection update should read 2004-1-14. If not, then click on the Update/search for updates tab.

Expand the first tab, Spybot Search and Destroy. You will find the box for "search for updates." If new updates are available, they will show up on a list; check each one and download.

Cheers,
John

Edited by jgweed, 21 October 2004 - 02:56 PM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users