Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Black Screen

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mopierce

mopierce

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 AM

Posted 02 February 2011 - 03:17 PM

I use XP Pro. When I now start my computer, it goes through all the usual gyrations as in the past, but now after the screen tells me it is loading all my settings, the screen turns completely black when it is finished loading. My Deck Top screen is not there and my Task Bar at the bottom is gone. I can still get on the Internet, still get into my documents and other programs, but must always hit "Ctrl, Alt, Del" to get the Task Manager to appear and then have to work from there. Does anyone know how to get my Desk Top and Task Bar back on my screen?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 02 February 2011 - 03:27 PM

What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

#3 mopierce

mopierce
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 AM

Posted 02 February 2011 - 03:55 PM

Nothing except I did download the new version of "Incredimail 2" the other day, but this didn't happen until about a day after. I don't think that made it happen. I am on the computer most of everyday. Someone said I might have hit some key and put it in "Safe Mode". Whatever that is!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users