Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help Removing Bd Blade Runner 0.80a

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 chocho

chocho

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 14 December 2005 - 02:48 PM

Hi,

I’m, new here and I need help getting rid of something called BD Blade Runner 0.80a. It is apparently a Trojan horse.

I am running a Dell Inspiron 8200 with Windows XP SP1. I have subscribed to Norton Antivirus, Personal Firewall, and Internet Security services since I bought the computer. A few weeks ago, I began getting a message that Norton had detected and blocked an intrusion attempt by BD Blade Runner 0.80a with a source listed as 127.0.0.1 ( i.e. my own computer) . When I tried to search for the term “Blade”, “Runner”, “Trojan Horse”, or similar terms and combinations, in various search engines (including Yahoo, Google, and Symantec’s own Virus Dictionary” , I get “page cannot be displayed…” and, until recently, the intrusion alert from Norton over and over again. I spent a frustrating couple of days on the phone with Symantec’s help desk (the one apparently in India), checking “hosts” files and deleting Temp files with no success. All they could tell me that whatever BD… was it was resident in my operating system and they kept shuffling me back and forth between their technical support and virus removal groups, trying things they were “sure would solve my problem” I finally gave up on them,

Subsequently, had a friend do a search on BD Blade Runner from his computer since I’m blocked every time I try. That led me to a similar request for help from someone to the Elephant Boy site. I followed all the malware removal instructions that were given by elephant boy, except HijackThis, and they haven’t solved the problem either. I have run the following virus/ spyware scans, using up to date definitions without resolving the problem: “AVG Rescue”, “Trend Micro, System Cleaner”, “Spybot, Search and Destroy” “Norton Anti Virus” “lavasoft Ad Aware”, “PC Tools, Spyware Doctor”. In all cases “No viruses found”.

I still can’t search for the terms “blade” “runner” etc, although I no longer get the Norton Intrusion Alert when I do so. Also was unable to go to the Symantec help page that described “ports”. So something is still here in my computer. Given Elephant boy’s warning, I don’t feel confident enough in my tech skills to go to HijackThis without first asking for help in this forum.

Can anyone please tell me what is going on with this BD Blade Runner and how I can get it off my system?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Stan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,745 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 AM

Posted 14 December 2005 - 08:00 PM

BD Blade Runner 0.80a

I suggest you read and follow all instructions in the pinned topic titled Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log.

When you have done that, post a log in the HijackThis Logs and Analysis Forum, not here, for assistance by the HJT Team Experts.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 chocho

chocho
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2005 - 12:32 AM

quietman7,

Thanks again for trying to help me. I think I emailed you also.

Sorry to reply here but I cannot view your reply to me on the "persistent malware" posts I left yesterday.

at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...view=getnewpost

Again, I just get the "Page Cannot be Displayed". Ditto, when I try to "find members posts" under your name. The "find members topics" worked so here I am.

I have to believe its the virus responding to trigger words around its name, since I can even view the last several posts to "Antivirus, by clicking "next oldest" in "Firewall..." forum, but get redirected to "Page Cannot......" when I click that where I expect my post would be from a time of day standpoint.

Any of this make sense to you.

Thanks,
Stan

//Mod Edit: Merged this post from another forum

Edited by KoanYorel, 15 December 2005 - 03:25 AM.

#4 Englishman

Englishman

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 21 November 2006 - 09:40 AM

:thumbsup: I had a problem with NIS 2006 and IE where use of the words Blade or Runner, or both, in IE gave an error message that BD Blade Runner 0.80a has attacked my computer, through the local host 5400. Fortunately I never had a problem with my Firefox browser.
From searching the internet it seems to be a common problem, to do with the settings of NIS, rather than a real trojan horse attack. NIS helpline has tried but struggled to find an effective solution.
Quite by accident I stumbled across a solution that somebody else posted on the internet.
The solution involves my Tiscali accelerator. I have found that disabling it allows me to use the words Blade/Runner in IE without it crashing!
I pass on the good news in the hope that it will help others solve this infuriating problem :flowers: .

#5 chocho

chocho
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2006 - 04:04 PM

:thumbsup:

Hi Englishman,

After an email from a fellow sufferer, I too found out a month, or so, ago that disabling the free NetAccelerator supplied by my ISP "TOAST.Net" made this problem go away for me also.

Sorry, I should have posted that info here as well. Was just waiting to see if the problem came back.

Thanks for remembering me.

Stan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users