Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error message when trying to save in word.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 katiekins

katiekins

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 PM

Posted 02 February 2011 - 06:51 AM

Hi

I am using Microsoft Works se9 and Everytime I try and save my works document as a word file (*.doc or *.docx)I get the message 'Works cannot save "destination and name of document" There may not be enough space on the computer or Works cannot save the file to the specified destination'

Has anyone else ever encounted this or know a way round it?

I have looked on the microsoft support website and they two ways they say to get round it doesn't work!

Thanks

Katie

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:46 AM

Forgive a silly question, but have you tried saving to a different location or just one?

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:59 AM

Moved from XP to Business Applications forum.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 katiekins

katiekins
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:48 PM

Forgive a silly question, but have you tried saving to a different location or just one?

Yes I have, I have tried different folders, desktop, USB stick, and external harddrive.

#5 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 03 February 2011 - 01:37 PM

Is this one of the articles form the Microsoft site?

What version of Windows? Is it 98?
In the beginning there was the command line.

#6 katiekins

katiekins
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2011 - 05:52 PM

Is this one of the articles form the Microsoft site?

What version of Windows? Is it 98?

Hi

I have XP

On works se9.0 you don't have the option to save it as 'Word 97-2002 & 6.0/95 RTF (*.doc)' as the article suggests.

Thanks for looking through.

When I emailed microsoft they said to check out the support pages (which I said I had done in the email and if I don't find the answer to call their expensive helpline! I don't actually think they read the emails! :wacko:

Edited by katiekins, 03 February 2011 - 05:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users