Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Office 2010 Professional Install Error 1719

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 fish7491

fish7491

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:17 AM

Was using office 2010 beta on my newer Dell Windows 7 64 bit desktop and it worked great. Eventually purchased the full version of Office Professional 2010 and attempted to load after following instructions to uninstall first. Downloaded the fixit app from the Windows site X16-32007 which worked fine on my other computer (Toshiba laptop).

After running this app seems to be ready to install.

Now after entering in the correct product keys get the following message:

Error 1719
The windows installer service could not be accessed. This can occur if Windows installer is not correctly installed.

Not only does this prevent Office 2010 from installing I also can't install Itunes.

Been looking on line and there does not seem anything that is working other than a lot of people are having the same complaints.

Any help suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,634 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:14 AM

Have you seen this page? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2438651

#3 fish7491

fish7491
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2011 - 05:36 PM

Went to the link and still no luck. Followed the steps and confirmed installer is there and in manual setting per the link.

Noticed on the programs list saw a compatability pack for 2007 Office and Office Powerpoint view 2007. If I try to delete or uninstall these via control panel get the message "The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation".

Kind of odd since I am logged in as the administrator.

Do I need to try and repair from the system disc?

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,634 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2011 - 05:43 PM

Okay, let's disable UAC and try again. Did that help?

#5 fish7491

fish7491
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:14 PM

After disabling the UAC I am now able to delete older programs. Unfortunately, get the same error message 1719 when trying to load office 2010 and Itunes.

#6 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,634 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:25 PM

Okay. Try enabling the hidden admin account and then boot to that account. Try to install the apps there. Regardless of the outcome, I suggest you then reboot back to your account and disable the admin account again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/507-built-administrator-account-enable-disable.html

#7 fish7491

fish7491
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:46 PM

Tried that option as well and no success.

#8 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,634 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2011 - 08:05 AM

As for uninstalling any stubborn apps, you can try Revo Uninstaller (http://www.revouninstaller.com/)

Regarding the inability to install Office, have you seen this thread (look about halfway down for possible solutions)?
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itproappcompat/thread/eae8a280-8afe-4719-b4c6-98d25a207a6a

#9 fish7491

fish7491
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2011 - 06:21 PM

I am pleased to report one of those actually worked out fine and I have been able to install Office 2010 and Itunes without incident. There is a period message that seems to pop when I open explorer but checking ignore for now seems to keep things ok. Will work on that one later.

Here is the link that actually worked for reference purposes.

I had the same error in with the i-tunes installation and i did this and it worked.... This works for any i tunes that fails to install itself on 64 Bit

You have to go into your registry.

Start, run, type in “regedit”.

Next go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
SYSTEM
CurrentControlSet
Services
MSIServer

To the right you’ll see WOW64. Double click on it, or right click on it and click on modify. Change the setting from 1 to 0.

Next, go to the start menu again and type in the search box: “services.msc”.

Look for and find the Windows Installer service.

Double click on it and tell it to stop. Next, tell it to start.

You should now be able to install your programs.[/u][/i]

#10 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,634 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2011 - 06:24 PM

Glad you got it worked out and thanks for posting the solution :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users