Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer restarts when trying to burn a DVD

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CPM_14

CPM_14

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 AM

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:28 PM

Hi all,
I recently re-installed Windows XP Pro onto my HP Pavillion a1410n desktop and got all my drivers loaded onto my system. I have 1gb RAM 180gb hard drive and dont have any other programs installed only WMP 11 and Roxio DVD creator business HD. I can watch DVDs, listen to music and even burn cd's but whenever i try to burn a DVD using the Roxio program my computer restarts, it has restarted when i open the program, when i select a movie to burn, and when the burning process is about to begin. Is there anything i can do to stop this or should i just go use another program?

p.s.
Im new to the world of computers, im not really fluent in the technical lingo, so be patient with me.

thank you in advance,

CPM_14

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,887 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 AM

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:19 PM

Hi :).

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling Roxio? That would eliminate possible damaged program files.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users