Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fatal System Error C000021a

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 arturo2005

arturo2005

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 AM

Posted 14 December 2005 - 11:05 AM

When I start my computer a black screen with the Dell logo comes on www.dell.com, Dimension 8100, BIOS Revision A09 and F2=Setup f12=Boot Menu in the upper right corner. Then it goes to another black screen that list some information on the type of BIOS,copyright information etc then it says Primary hard disk 1 not found strike the F1 key to continue, F2 to run the setup utility. When I strike the F1 key the Windows XP logo comes on like it is going to start and then it goes to a blue screen with the following message. STOP: c000021a {Fatal system Error} The Session Manager Initilalization system process terminated unexpectantly with a status of 0xc0000034 (0x0000000 0x00000000). The system has been shut down.
I called Dell who had me run hardware test from the setup utility which said the system didn't have hardware issues. They had me turn off Primary drive 0 and Primary drive 1 before I ran the tests. Now I'm getting that error message primary hard disk drive 1 not found. From the F12 Boot menu I ran my Norton SystemWorks CD and ran Norton AntiVirus which didn' find any virus. When I ran this the night before this all started it found Dc13.exe, csrss.exe, ntsrv.exe and services.exe which I tried to quarantine and delete with no success. I have Dell Dimension 8100, Pentium 4 1.4GHz, 384MB PC800 RDRAM, 40GB Ultra ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM),, 32MB DDR NVIDIA Graphic Card. I use a Westell Versalink gateway (model 327w15-06) to access my Verizon DSL and use Windows Internet Explorer 6.0, Norton SystemWorks 2005, Spybot, Ad-ware Personal SE, Spycatcher. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

]

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 franktiii

franktiii

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 AM

Posted 14 December 2005 - 11:24 AM

One seemingly odd question, is the clock accurate? Computers have a small power supply, a battery or capacitor to keep bios information up to date when computer is turned off. Sometimes this power supply goes bad and has trouble finding hard drive and also resets clock to 12:00 on whatever the earliest date in its program is.

#3 arturo2005

arturo2005
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 AM

Posted 14 December 2005 - 04:43 PM

When I go into setup utility the system time seems to OK, it matchs the current clock time of my VCR and the date is correct also. How do I check if the clock is accurate? Do I have check anywhere else? The Dell Tech had also mention a possible bad power supply or hard drive. On that system utility, I change the Primary Drive 0 to Drive type to Auto setting and the computer BIOS configures the IDE device type on the next boot. Now it says Primary Drive 0.... Hard Drive and when you hit enter it says highlighted box Model: WDC WD 400BB-75DEA0, Drive Type..... Auto, Capacity.....40000MB. I tried changing Primary Drive 1 to Drive Type.....Auto and the computer configured it to Model:unknown, Drive type Auto and capacity ....n/a. then I change it to off and now have the computer with the same condition of booting, Dell logo coming on, Microsoft Windows XP logo starting and then the fatal error message. Could I have a bad hard drive or do I have a virus causing this condition? Is the computer suppose to look at the Primary Drive 0 or 1 for the hard drive. Thanks for the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users