Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not responding when looking for a file through a program (mainly microsoft word)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Lumine1412

Lumine1412

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 PM

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:10 AM

This is a problem I have had for a long time, and currently need a solution
Whenever I selected the option "open" or "save as" the selection screen for Microsoft Word (2003) would appear normally
I allow to do whatever I want inside the default folder that microsoft word choose without any problem
But as soon as I "Switched" to a different folder, any different folder, the selection screen would not respond, and have to be "alt Ctrl Del" out
This doesn't just happened to Microsoft word only, but also to some other unrelated programs that got nothing to do with Office (program that got the file selection screen similar to Microsoft word file selection screen)
Interestingly, not all program are affected by this (Itunes, Paint, notepad) and the only programs that hang are the program that decided to choose the vista system's "Common" folder as the default folder location (C:\Users\"Username"\Documents) (I am using VISTA btw)
Please look into this matter and tell me what to do

*Edit: There are also the issue of Rundll32 stopped working, or computer started up with low resolution and have to be re-changed, but I am sure these are entirely unrelated issues, please just concentrate on the main issue of this post (only look into these issues if they are somehow related)*

*2nd edit: Probably nothing to do much with "common" folder since mentioned perfectly normal program like paint seem to be able to enter in and out of common folder without any problem*

Edited by Lumine1412, 01 February 2011 - 05:26 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users