Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows hangs at loading screen

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sacredify

Sacredify

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 AM

Posted 31 January 2011 - 05:01 PM

I am currently posting in safe mode, as I cannot load normally.

This makes me assume that the problem is with a driver, though I can't be sure.

Advice?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 31 January 2011 - 05:06 PM

You might take a look in Event Viewer, looking for errors that occurred at approximate times of your freezes.

You might also take a look in C:\Windows\Minidump to see if there are any files there. If so, they may provide clues.

Louis

#3 Sacredify

Sacredify
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2011 - 05:11 PM

Hey Louis,

I looked in the event viewer and found many errors, all related to crypt32, under the "Application" tab. They say:

"Failed auto update retrieval of third-party root list sequence number from: <'> with error: This network connection does not exist."

"Failed extract of third-party root list from auto update cab at: <'> with error: A required certificate is not within its validity period when verifying against the current system clock or the timestamp in the signed file."

There were no files in the minidump folder.

Edit: For some reason it wouldn't let me post the URL's of the websites, (W*ndows u*date) :|

Edited by Sacredify, 31 January 2011 - 05:12 PM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 31 January 2011 - 05:31 PM

Can you go to Windows Update...and download/install critical updates right now?

Louis

#5 Sacredify

Sacredify
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2011 - 05:35 PM

Every time I try to connect to: w*ndowsupdate.microsoft.com, I receive an error stating:

The connection was reset.

This leads me to think I have a virus?

Note that once again i could not put in the URL, as it causes the "Connection to reset" when I clicked post.

#6 Bill253

Bill253

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 31 January 2011 - 05:48 PM

Sacredify,

I see that you have an active thread in the malware help forum. By the looks of what I see, this is wise. They are often backed up and can take a while to respond to you, but be patient. They will respond when they can.

Bill253

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users