Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems After Running ComboFix

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 skidajmo

skidajmo

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 AM

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:03 PM

I used to have autorun.inf with direct command to run my ICO file (with logo picture of my hard drive manufacturer or USB stick). After running Combofix I still have that autorun.inf and folder with ICO file but that doesn't work. I tried everything to get that working but it doesn't help. What should I do to get my computer in previous state since it's obviously disabled for every flash memory or hard drive which I'd connect on my PC. Please don't warn me about risk of having autorun.inf, I'm too careful and I don't do much business with external storage except my private use.

Edited by hamluis, 31 January 2011 - 08:37 AM.
Split from old topic, PM sent new OP.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zbd

zbd

• Members
  • 390 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 PM

Posted 31 January 2011 - 11:21 AM

Have you tried system restore to before the problem started?

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/using-windows-vista-system-restore/

#3 skidajmo

skidajmo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2011 - 08:39 PM

Have you tried system restore to before the problem started?

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/using-windows-vista-system-restore/

Yeah I tried but it doesn't work. It made system restore point before scan but It doesn't change anything when I restore it back. It's WinXP so it makes some sense if I say "windows restore doesn't work". Sorry for posting here, I mean moderator moved it to Windows Vista but it doesn't matter... I hope someone could give me some tip to fix this thing, could be some registry tweak though. I tried some things but it didn't work so I reverted it back.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 31 January 2011 - 09:12 PM.
Move to XP forum. ~ OB

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 PM

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:22 AM

<<...so I reverted it back...>>

Does that mean that you restored the system to factory defaults?

Louis

#5 skidajmo

skidajmo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:01 PM

<<...so I reverted it back...>>

Does that mean that you restored the system to factory defaults?

Louis

No just restored registry to the state before editing it (when I figured out that it doesn't help solving my issue).

Edited by skidajmo, 01 February 2011 - 08:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users