Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Power Point Slides not working

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 honu1

honu1

• Members
  • 477 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 AM

Posted 31 January 2011 - 08:15 AM

Since going from Windows XP to Windows 7, I am unable to view email attachments with pps. I went to the Microsoft website + attempted a download for the viewer,but my system still doesn't know how to view the files. Is this not available for Windows 7? Am I using the wrong link or download? I removed the program to view until I hear back from anyone here at BC.
Thanks for your continued training+support.
honu1

Edited by hamluis, 31 January 2011 - 10:23 AM.
Moved from Win 7 forum to Business Applications.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 honu1

honu1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 477 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:39 PM

Thanks for moving my topic to the appropriate place. I thought it might just be a "quirk" for Windows 7.
I'd still appreciate feedback on being able to view .pps attachments sent to me,please.
Hoping to get this resolved soon.
Thank you
honu1

#3 honu1

honu1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 477 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2011 - 03:48 PM

Is there no one here willing to help answer my question? Members here at BC are usually pretty good about responding faster than this.
Anyone.....please?????
thank you
honu1

#4 AdamV

AdamV

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 PM

Posted 04 February 2011 - 06:13 AM

Might help if you told us what email application you are using, and what version.

Do you have PowerPoint installed? Or the viewer only?

Are you wanting to preview the pps attachments in your email program or simply open them?

Can you read pps files if you save them out of your email program first and double click to open them?
Due to global warming, eskimos now have more than 20 words for water John O'Farrell

Professional geek, consultant and trainer.
MCT, MCSA, MMI, MBMSS, CWNA, COS (I like to have lettuce after my name)
My personal blog - Getting IT right

#5 honu1

honu1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 477 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2011 - 05:49 PM

So sorry, I thought that information was available in my profile? Anyway, I am using Mozilla Thunderbird version 3.1.7
No, I do not have Power Point nor the viewer installed. I thought the viewer only was the free one. I just want to be able to view any power point slide show attachments my family may occasionally send me.
I have never tried to save a .pps file outside of my email program. I have no idea how to do that.
I tried approx. 3 different times in the past few days to view a .pps attachment with no success, so I uninstalled the program for the viewer.
What might I be doing incorrectly? I'm still wondering if .pps doesn't work either thru Thunderbird,Firefox, or both?
Help please?
Thank you
honu1

#6 Blathnat

Blathnat

• Members
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 AM

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:53 AM

If you have the viewer installed, you should be able to right click on the pps attachment in the email and save it to your desktop. Once on the desktop the viewer should be able to access it.

Failing that, if you install OpenOffice.org or LibreOffice, each one comes with a PowerPoint compatible alternative that will be able to open it.

#7 honu1

honu1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 477 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2011 - 02:00 PM

I'm going to bring this one up again as I just got another email with the .pps attachment. The problem with open office is it doesn't present the slides as a "show",nor does any sound play as it should. I am able to manually click on each picture framed on the left in Open Office+view a still shot that way.
Sure would appreciate someone in the know to help me sort this out
Please????? :wacko:
Thank you
honu1

#8 honu1

honu1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 477 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2011 - 08:07 PM

Just checking back to see if anyone can solve the mystery of Win 7 + power point slide shows (viewing them,that is)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users