Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mediaface Ii

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 GaryK

GaryK

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 PM

Posted 14 December 2005 - 01:13 AM

Need a bit of advice to find out how to open previously created CD label documents made using NEATO's MediaFace II v2.3 which seem to have gotten hosed by Windows :thumbsup:
killcomp.gif. I've been using this app for quite some time without problems. Had these stored away in a folder and went to get one to print out........guess what, stupid thing refuses to open and crashes the app with "NEATO's MediaFace Application has encountered a problem and needs to close". :flowers:

I tried opening other label files in that same folder and none would work, same crash. Other .JPG files which had been saved by Photoshop in the same folder were unaffected, no corruption and opened fine with Photoshop. However, I had some newer, different CD labels made recently with the same MediaFace II app, in a different folder. I tried opening one of these, they worked fine. So it appears as if the first folder experienced some file problems relating to this application. I looked at the the error report contents but was unable to copy the contents to post here. First 5 Modules are listed as:

MediaFace.exe
ntdll.dll
kernel32.dll
WINMM.dll
USER32.dll

Don't know if these reveal much about the problem or not. I have gone through some steps to see if any other issues showed up, but none have solved anything:

Complete virus/spyware scan, all updated (nothing found)
Ran CHKDSK both options checked on all HD's (all clear & clean)
Stepped back to an earlier System Restore point - possible SNAFU from a recent Windows Update (no help)
Tried moving offending folder to a different drive to open files (no good)
Tried opening affected files from within the application File/Open menu (didn't work)
Tried opening the files by clicking the icon from the folder view (didn't work)
Uninstalled/reinstalled the application (still no good)

I can run MediaFace II and create, save and re-open new labels fine, but the older ones which had been stored for a while apparently may be hosed, possibly during a defrag or Windows Update, who knows?. Windows has soiled itself once again! :trumpet:
horse.gif Don't know what else to look at to possible resurrect them, any ideas? Bad filename string, what should I be looking for, and if I find a problem, how do I fix it? I have a good bit of graphics work on a few of these, hate to lose 'em. Guess I know what I'll have to do next time - back them up to a CD archive so Windows can't get it claws on them! java script:add_smilie :inlove:
nono.gif

Edited by GaryK, 14 December 2005 - 07:13 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users