Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

broken old dell keyboard

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ThatGirl

ThatGirl

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 PM

Posted 30 January 2011 - 07:23 PM

so I have this freshly built comp and no mouse or keyboard so my friend's dad loaned me some spares. the mouse is fine but the very old keyboard doesn't work. but the numlock key turns the numlock light on and off? Any ideas? though im probably going to get a new one im just curious .

-typed using on screen keyboard . :]

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigacci

rigacci

Fiorentino

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 AM

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:43 AM

Make sure it is plugged in all the way, firmly and then boot up again. If it still does not show a new keyboard can be had at Walmart for about $10. Not worth it to spend any more time on it.

DR

#3 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 PM

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:38 PM

Is the keyboard USB or PS2 (the round kind of connector).
If its PS2 check the connector for bent pins.
In the beginning there was the command line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users