Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

JAVA VIRTUAL MACHINE LAUNCHER ISSUE

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kirbofir24

Kirbofir24

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 PM

Posted 30 January 2011 - 11:10 AM

Hello, i have a gateway with windows xp pro sp3 and i am having an issue with java virtual machine launcher while trying to open a program.

I have already unistalled all previous versions of java and reinstalled them with all new up to date versions. Still have same error message upon opening the program. Any help would be grateful.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,616 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 PM

Posted 30 January 2011 - 02:08 PM

What is the EXACT error and what programs are causing Java error?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 BakedDaily

BakedDaily

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 30 January 2011 - 06:35 PM

It is mainly one program named minecraft a game The error basically read could not create java virtual machine

Edited by BakedDaily, 30 January 2011 - 06:38 PM.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,616 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2011 - 06:42 PM

I can see couple of topics at their forums:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=38098
http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=31501
...and more on Google: http://www.google.com/search?num=50&hl=en&newwindow=1&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=tL2&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-GB%3Aofficial&q=minecraft+could+not+create+java+virtual+machine&tbs=&lr=&as_filetype=&aq=0sx&aqi=g-sx1&aql=f&oq=minecraftcould+not+create+java+virtual+machine

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#5 Kirbofir24

Kirbofir24
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 PM

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:39 PM

After following the steps for the first link Broni put up, I finally got Minecraft to work. I have been working on trying to find a fix for this program for about 2 months, and now it works! thank you all for your help.

#6 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,616 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2011 - 11:20 PM

Nice job :)

My Website

p4433470.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users