Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

dual screens

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bobbies

bobbies

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:27 AM

What if anything is the difference with, Dual Screens, and Extended Desktop. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• BC Advisor
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 30 January 2011 - 01:49 PM

Very little IMO. Having Dual screens allows you to use either screen to display information by dragging things back and forth but the actual desktop (i.e. where programs open and icons are displayed) remains only on the primary monitor.

When you extend your desktop on to the secondary monitor then you can use that space as additional area to perform the desktop functions that would have been locked to the primary monitor.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

#3 Sacredify

Sacredify

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 30 January 2011 - 02:01 PM

Essentially what Baltboy said. I would recommend using dual monitors.
If you choose to do so, I would also recommend "Ultramon," a program made specifically for dual-monitor set ups. It will enable such options as second taskbars on the monitor, custom resolution and desktop images, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users