Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PS3 or plain old Blu Ray Player?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SirLeeMarks300

SirLeeMarks300

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 30 January 2011 - 12:18 AM

Hey everyone, I am new to this forum. I have one question. Is it better to buy a PS3 or a blu ray player? Now, blu ray players are cheaper and there are several different models. On the other hand, PS3's have more functions and capabilities and the playstation network is free. If I could get a little feedback on this, that would be greatly appreciated!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 02 February 2011 - 06:58 PM

That depends on what you want. The PS3 is about $50 to $100 more than a high-end Blu-ray player. Many home theater enthusiasts consider the PS3 to be one of the best Blu-ray playback devices around, it is much more powerful than a standard player and can thus be constantly updated as the Blu-ray spec changes. Add on top of that, you get the PSN, Netflix, Vudu, a PSOne, a DLNA-supported media device, high-end DVD upscaler, and PS3 game machine. It comes down to, "Do you think the price premium is worth it?"

3939.png

#3 bonzo905

bonzo905

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:29 AM

Hi. Don't forget to add on that the PS3's also offer 3D playback to boot.
http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/20/ps3-firmware-3-50-is-a-go-3d-blu-ray-movies-suddenly-feel-more/
It is, probably, one of the most expensive blu-ray players out there, if you think of it as only a blu-ray player, but it has much more to offer. I think the only question is, will you make use of these extra features? That's what's going to make the initial expense worth the experience you'll get out of it.

#4 alexsm

alexsm

• Banned Spammer
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 15 March 2011 - 05:31 AM

Buy PS3 it is worth it!..

#5 Mr3DFrenzy

Mr3DFrenzy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 AM

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:20 AM

Best bang for bucks for me is PS3..you got all in one entertainment machine that offers you more than a regular BD player.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users