Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Security policy

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 FrankOtheMountaiN

FrankOtheMountaiN

• Members
  • 514 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 AM

Posted 30 January 2011 - 12:03 AM

Another "on the road" question.

I often come across clients who rent printers, and get mad that it is not installing onto their company laptop.
This is because their user account has a security policy set that does not allow for installation or removal of printers.

I know how to set the policy from an administrator account, but I don't have access to their admin accounts/password.
Often their IT dept is unreachable, and the show must go on, so I wind up using a different laptop without restrictions.

Just wondering if anyone knows of a workaround or hack to get around this problem.
I realize these restrictions are there for a good reason, and that this is unethical and all.
I just wanted to know if there WAS any way to bypass these restrictions that anyone was aware of.

Thanks, Frank

Edited by FrankOtheMountaiN, 30 January 2011 - 01:13 AM.

Frank O' The Mountain
Doing more stupid before 5AM than most people do all day.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 PM

Posted 30 January 2011 - 12:53 AM

One of the forum rules states:

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 FrankOtheMountaiN

FrankOtheMountaiN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 514 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2011 - 01:12 AM

Whatever bro.

Edited by FrankOtheMountaiN, 30 January 2011 - 01:14 AM.

Frank O' The Mountain

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 PM

Posted 30 January 2011 - 01:32 AM

I should have included this in my last post. I'm a little distracted tonight.

I'm sure that your interest in this is purely professional, but our forum rules make it impossible for me to help you. I hope you understand this.:)

dc3

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 FrankOtheMountaiN

FrankOtheMountaiN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 514 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:07 AM

Yes.

Frank O' The Mountain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users