Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP Applications wont open? Inc. System Restore?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 elkrause

elkrause

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 29 January 2011 - 07:29 PM

So a couple days ago I began to have a problem with my computer in which a majority of my applications would not and still will not open. Only a few will open some of them being the task manager, command prompt, internet browser, and notepad. Other then that really nothing works, I click on the icon and nothing pops up. I've tried accessing system restore through many different ways including booting into safe mode and via the command prompt yet whenever the window pops up it goes white and starts to not respond. I can't access my computer either. I thought this might be a virus but I've run Norton AntiVirus twice and both times came back with nothing. I tried downloading a program from norton used to detect more serious virus' as well as something for rootkits but whenever I try to run them the same thing happens with every other application, which is that they don't open up. Short of reinstalling my OS (don't have the disc on me), does anyone have any possible solutions for this problem? Thanks in advance for your time :/.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 elkrause

elkrause
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 29 January 2011 - 08:51 PM

Tried downloading another anti virus software but again it wont open! Everything seems to open when I log off and I'm wondering if it'd be possible to find the process that's creating this problem and end it in my task manager...would pics of my processes help?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users